Wednesday, February 4, 2009

TFS 2008: TF31002 error workaround...

After the setup of my new TFS server (see Install TFS 2008. The final attempt!!!), I start using TFS to share my project with other colleagues. So I follow Microsoft directives here To accomplish this goal, but when my friend trys to connect to my TFS server receive the infamous windows below:After a long and exhausting research on Google (I see that many other guys run against the same problem) I find the follow workaround:
  • Open IIS console,
  • Go to "Team Foundation Server" site, and open Authentication feature
  • Open context menu from ASP.NET Impersonation:
  • Set "Specific user" property to the account used to install your TFS server (in many other post is named TFSSetup)
Repeate the steps above also for the WSS site (in my case is the "Default Web Sites"). Remember that new TFS users must have also the permission in WSS site and in Reporting Service. To accomplish this requirement take a look to the screenshot below (IMHO is very usefull create a users group in your machine named TFS_Users and use it...):
Have a nice TFS experience ;-)
kick it on DotNetKicks.com
Save to delicious 0 saves

3 comments:

  1. thanks for this post! i'm having the exact same issue but am not able to find the same Authentication option that you have above.. i'm running windows server 2003.. is yours Win2k8 by any chance? any idea how i'd do this on Win2k3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you try to set "Enable anonymous authentication" in Site->property->Directory Security->Authentication and access control?
    Use your "TFSSetup" account to set anonymous authentication... HTH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Simone! It helped me

    ReplyDelete